Sri Warisan is a performing arts company founded by renowned cultural Medallion recipient, Madam Som Said. Sri Warisan, formed in 1997, is one of the pivotal forces in Singapore's Malay dance scene. Blending rich traditional forms with contemporary techniques is Sri Warisan's trademark. Its performers are trained to excel in multi-disciplinary art forms such as dance, music, theatre and multi-media.
Currently, Sri Warisan is led by Mr. Adel Ahmad, together with 30 performing artists and more than 200 student members committed to developing professionalism in the performing arts reaching out to children, youths and adults.
Every year Sri Warisan performs at more than 200 local events and 10 overseas festivals. Our Instructors conduct more than 3,000 courses and workshops at schools.
Sri Warisan recently conducted an Intensive Traditional Malay Dance & Music workshop for the cast of the Music LION KING (Singapore) cast at Marina Bay Sands in January 2011.
Since 1997, Sri Warisan's activities include:
- Participated in more than 40 international events and festivals in Belgium, Brunei, Canada, China, France, Greece, Holland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, London, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Spain, Thailand, Turkey and United States of America.
- Staging more than 30 local productions with the support of the National Arts Council (NAC) Singapore. This includes the mega-production, Lagenda Tun Fatimah, to commemorate Som's 40th year in the arts scene and Lagenda Raden Mas in March 2008, Towkay Wayang a Musical in 2009 & Anak Wayang Dance Theatre in 2010.
- Participated in major local events such as WOMAD, Singapore Arts Festival, NAC-Shell Art Reach, IMF 2006, National Day Parade 2008, Apec 2009 , Summit 2009, Chingay 2007, Heritage Festival 2010, Singapore Youth Olympic Games (SYOG) 2010.
- Supporting community projects by organizations such as The Singapore Children Society, Metta Welfare Association, Hindu Endowments Board, Jamiyah Singapore Muslim Missionary Society and Peoples Association.
- Providing arts education and enrichment to students at more than 300 schools through the NAC-Arts Education Programme.
- Collaborated with arts organizations such as Bhaskar Arts Academy, Chinese Opera Institute, Majlis Pusat, Perkumpulan Seni, Jigri Yaar Bhangra Academy, Singapore Indian Fine Arts Society, YF Performing Arts Troupe, Sriwana, Temple of Fine Arts, Singapore Dance Theatre and Singapore Chinese Orchestra, Singapore Multi Ethnic Dance Ensemble, Sri Warisan Som Said Performing Arts Ltd, Dance Ensemble Singapore, Apsaras Arts, Singapore Multi Ethnic Music Ensemble, Sri Warisan Som Said Performing Arts Ltd, Jigria Yaar Bhangra Academy, YF Performing Arts
Sri Warisan Som Said Performing Arts Ltd
No. 47 & 59 Kerbau Road, Singapore 219173
Tel: (65) 6225 6070 Fax: (65) 6225 6036 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org